Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A partner at the gym this morning!

Good morning! This morning the fiance and I got up bright and early for a before work workout. This morning was special because FH was going to stay with the boys until they got on the bus since I had to be at work at 8 am this morning. We NEVER get to work out together in the mornings since he goes in at 6 am, so this morning was a treat indeed! However, he hasn't been to the gym in a good while, so we did 50 mins on the elliptical and that was about all he could handle. haha Also, I can usually wake up, drink a little water to hydrate me a little and get through 30 - 60 mins of cardio with no problem. Not everyone is built this way and I think FH is one of those people. If he works out first thing in the morning I think he needs a little piece of toast with pb or something to give him a little fuel. Either way, 50 mins cardio is good for me! I get so "annoyed" I guess is a good word...his calories burned are usually so much higher than mine. For 50 mins I did 3.46 miles and burned 359 calories (according to elliptical). He did 3.40 miles and burned 446 calories. So unfair!

I forgot to blog about my pumpkin oats on Monday! W-O-W! The pumkin yogurt was merely "alright" when compared to pumkin oats! That is truly an awesome combo! I had 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 c. almond milk, 1/2 c. water ( I like it liquidy) with about 1/2 cup of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice + extra cinnamon, a drizzle of grade A maple syrup, sprinkes of brown sugar (1/2 tsp?) and a couple of drops of vanilla. Oh. My. Gosh. Delicious! For toppings I added about 6-8 organic chocolate chips, a little granola plank and some sliced almonds. Totally hit the spot.

So, this morning, after the gym, I logged mine and FH exercise, jumped in the shower and got dinner started. haha That's right....dinner. Since tonight is shuffleboard, I wanted to have something semi-prepared for the fiance to eat before he leaves. So I tried a crockpot recipe that I kind of tweaked for my own benefit. I can't wait to try it tonight!

Because of the 15 mins it took to prep the chicken and crockpot I didn't have much time to spend on my own breakfast or lunch. As much as I was looking forward to having more pumpkin oats this morning, I had to settle for cereal. I had a mixture of Mother's Best Mallow Oats and Kashi Vive. I really like the Kashi Vive! Its a good combo. The mallows really add a yummy sweetness. I also made a sandwich for lunch. The fiance talked me into buying some prepackaged bologna because we got all this other stuff free. AFTER I made my sandwich, I turned it around for the nutritional info and saw 12g of fat! Yikes. As I was walking out the door I looked in my little bag (forgot my lunch box at work AGAIN) and I must have had a frown because FH laughed and asked why I looked in my little bag like that. I told him I was having such a sad breakfast with (gasp!) cereal and even sadder lunch with a bologna sandwich with 12g of fat! Of course he laughed at me and said at least we worked out. He has a point.

When I got to work I had to go straight to training, so I didn't get to eat my cereal. Then, afterwards (and after the boss left for a meeting across town) I had to meet with IT to get setup for our training sessions tomorrow and Friday. I was starving by this time, so I ate the other half of my blueberry crisp CLIF from the other day. Only AFTER that was I able to enjoy my bowl of cereal. What a morning already!

1 comment: