Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re-instating the Blog!

I am going to start writing on this blog again because I have recently been trying to eat the South Beach way. That's right. I broke down and bought the South Beach Diet Supercharged book. As if I already don't know "how" to eat. Well, I may know, but I'm not doing it, so I figured it was time for a change. This is actually going on my 3rd week of this but I will admit I have also cheated every weekend. This weekend will be no exceptio of course, being Labor Day weekend. More importantly, FH and I are going to San Antonio for the weekend and while I am super uber excited to get him all to myself in a different city for about a day and a half, I am also worried about the temptations that will be surrounding us. By temptations of course I mean, reasons to drink alcohol and eat yummy food.

Here are just some of the things I've cheated with:


1st weekend -
pizza - dinner Sunday

2nd weekend -
rice - Friday dinner
wine - Friday, about 2-3 glasses
pancake - Saturday breakfast
margarita - Saturday snack/late lunch
Mexican Food - Saturday snack/late lunch (shared app plate with quesadillas, mini flautas, nachos & boneless but breaded wings)
biscuit - Sunday breakfast
Popcorn - Sunday at the movies
dinner roll - Sunday dinner
animal crackers - Monday snack
baked beans - Monday dinner
nachos - Monday dinner
Ok, so I ended up rolling Monday into the weekend but I was reeling off all the simple carbs consumed over the weekend that for the first time in two weeks I had cravings. Not to mention I didn't think I was hungry so I didn't eat a snack before leaving work and was starving by the time I got home.
Now its back to the drawing board.
On the menu today was:
B - 4 artichoke hearts scrambled with egg beaters
S-chocolate protein shake & peppers and cucumbers with dip
L - Leftover chicken salad, cucumber salad & 1 oz. of 2% sharp cheddar cheese
S- sugar free jello & nuts
D - not sure yet but thinking about salsbury steak with a mushroom gravy and green beans
Technically today should have been day 1 of phase 2. However, since I have cheated (and very heavily this past weekend) I decided to continue until this weekend. Inevitably I will cheat this weekend also. Then, I will decide on Monday if I will do phase 1 for 1 more week or move on to phase two.
I'll post some recipes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment