Monday, November 3, 2008

Pork Chops w/ breaded eggplant and fresh corn

The fiance and I went to go workout. He is determined that he wants to go with me so I hope he sticks with it! I love to workout with him, but a lot of times if I wait for him we DON't end up going. So, many times I go twice (as is the case today), just in case if he is too tired or we decide something else takes precedence.

Since I get home before he does and he actually left work later than usual, I went ahead and made dinner so we could eat as soon as we finished.

I love getting fresh corn for the farmer's market! So I decided to make it since the fresher the better. I was going to stop by the store and buy some frozen veggies until I remembered I had fresh veggies! We have been going to HEB on Sunday evenings and they have been having good meat specials. The fiance has convinced me to buy some of this stuff even though it isn't necessarily lean meat. Desperate times call for desperate measures. As everyone else, we're trying to cut corners where we can and that means groceries. So, I decided to take out some pork chops. I steamed the corn in my steamer for about 35 mins. and I cut the eggplant into about 1/4"-1/2" slices. I mixed an omega-3 egg with about 1/4 cup of Annie's Goddess dressing to dip for the coating. then I used about a 1/4 cup of AP flour and 1/2 bread crumbs and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan. I dipped the slices in the coating them in the bread crumbs and instead of frying in oil or baking, I fried them on my square griddle with some Pam. It worked out pretty well. I sprayed the Pam on the pan first, set the slices on there then sprayed the slices with Pam. I think the Goddess dressing realling gave it good flavor too.

This is what they looked like when they were cooking:

While I was "frying" the eggplant, I pan fried the pork chops with a little lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt free seasoning and Pam.

Here was my plate. The fiance talked me into having a G2 with dinner since we had just come back from working out:


I got seconds of the eggplant because it was THAT GOOD! With a little organic ketchup:

We got home around 8 pm and watched the last of Dancing with the Stars. I am glad the football player is on there because the fiance will actually watch this with me! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment