Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday is for complaining about stupid people!

Gripe #1

We decided we'd eat dinner, let our food settle and go to the gym around 8:30 or 9 pm. We got there about 9 pm I suppose. (We got caught up watching Jaws ) I dont' think we've ever gone that late, maybe around 8 but never 9. We get there and I take my Superfoods RX book bc I have been enjoying reading while on the elliptical lately. He was listening to my MP3 and all was well for about 5 minutes. Then these really annoying girls come in about 3 ellipticals down from us. One girl, decides she doesn't like the music the gym is playing - which is fine - BUT then she decides to BLAST music on her cell phone! Cell phones have come a long way yes. And when heard through ear buds, the sound quality of the mp3s are not bad, I had some on my phone before I had to get a new sim card. But, through your cell phone speaker - it is crappy! It was all staticy! I looked over at her because I could not tell if it was just her ringer or if she was really rude enough to disregard everyone else around her and listen to music on her cell phone. She looked right at me and didn't care one bit. By this time, the fiance took off his ear buds and learns why I am getting annoyed. Still, I tried to just ignore it and keep on with my reading of beans and why they are good for you. THEN, this heffer starts singing! And she wasn't any good either! By this time, about two other people have just plain left the area. The finace is looking at me and noticing I am beyond annoyed and I am about to just march over there and tell her something. So, being the peacemaker he is when I am the one getting angry, he tells me lets just go. I am about 20 mins into my 45 min session. I DID NOT want to go. So he tells me we will go downstairs and complain to a manager and do weights. I agree as long as he lets me make the 2 mile mark, so he does. Meanwhile, this girl is just grating on my nerves even more. And her friend on the treadmill is yelling at the people up front to turn up the music. So we go and complain and at that the manager wasn't very professional. Don't get me wrong, I agreed with him 100%, but when we told him the situation, we explained we didn't want to complain but it was very distracting and annoying and he responded with "No, I understand, they need to just shut their effing mouths". I totally agreed but, I was a little surpirsed he'd use that kind of language. Then, when he asked which girl it was, he asked if it was the "trashy looking one". I had to laugh bc yes it was, but again, was that professional? Eh, that wasn't a big deal. I feel a little bad for complaining but dammit! I didn't get to finish my workout! That pissed me off more than anything! We ended up leaving after talking to the manager (I think the fiance planned it that way). I was so pissed! I was looking forward to those 45 mins....

Gripe #2

I heard on the radio what had to be the stupidest reason for letting your child drop out of school. I don't think there is a good reason for that anyway. Apparently, some 16 yr old kid decided he was going to drop out to be a professional Guitar Hero player. That is not the stupidest part yet. The parents actually signed the release papers for him to drop out bc "they were tired of hearing him complain about it". SUCK IT UP PARENTS! They're kids, thats what they do, they freaking complain about not being able to do this or that. It doesn't mean you appease their every complaint...what is the world coming to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment