Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Tidbits for Hump Day

Tired
I am feeling somewhat refreshed by yet sluggish. Is that possible? I got a good 8 hours of sleep last night but awoke abruptly about 4 am to a bad dream. I didn't get up to workout this morning - AGAIN - so that is where the sluggish part comes in. I just feel much better when I work out in the am, but at the same time if I dont' get enough sleep it doesn't do me much good bc I am dead tired by the afternoon. So, the goal for next week will be to start getting up early with the fiance again and get my butt to the gym! I know its not happening this week. Tonight is shuffleboard (big waste of time) so I will be going to sleep late and will not get up tomorrow early, although the fiance still manages to. hehe If I make it to the gym Friday morning, well one day isn't sufficient enough to say I'm back on track. =P

Family time
This had been going fairly well. This week my boss is out of town. He left Monday and won't be back until Friday afternoon. Last week, he left early almost everyday so I left early too. What does this mean for me? it means that I get to go home at a decent hour and get dinner started and we eat like normal people around 6:30 pm versus 8 or 9 pm. Then, last night and twice last week we went for a walk after dinner. That is nice bc even if I don't make it to the gym, at least I get in a little exercise. Of course, I don't really know how many calories I burn so I have to guess-timate. Sure would be nice to have my heart rate monitor....Last night a neighbor down the street cut our walk short. He came down to show us his adorable new puppies! He has pits just like us so its kind of funny, instant friendship. I think its bc it is hard to really appreciate the companionship of a pit bull unless you own one. They have such a bad wrap and everyone is so afraid of them - except other people that own them. He did make a comment yesterday that half the people who own pits you would never really think they would own a pit. I think thats true. I see the surprise in people's faces when I say I have two of them. I can also see that they are secretly sizing me down thinking, "It's always the quiet ones you have to worry about" - Hahaha! Anyways, his pup was very cute and adorable, but it turned into at minimum a 30 min. convo and at most about 45 mins. maybe. So we didn't walk all the way to the lake that day and only got in about 45 mins walking. I tried to up the pace to get a little more burn. Point is, that is something that I like; it tires the dogs out and I feel better about my family getting exercise as well. Very happy camper about that. =)

I had a lot I wanted to blog about, but its kind of escaped me now. Haha So, I guess I will sign off and if I remember what I wanted to rant about, I'll be sure to come back. Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment