Thursday, September 4, 2008

Butternut Squash fiasco!

I bought a butternut squash and looked up recipes to try. I found this one I thought would be fun and interesting with the different flavors:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Apple-Onion-Au-Gratin/Detail.aspx

Boy, was I wrong. I wish I would have taken a picture. It looked good, it smelled somewhat good, but the melding flavors just was not my family's style. I particularly did not like the onion and apple flavor. The onion specifically I think. What possessed me to think apple and onion would taste good I dont' know. I was trying to be adventurous I guess. It was just a big ole BACKFIRE! However, I do think the butternut squash tasted good. After I prepared it and tasted it, I realized that was what we had at Shogun the previous Friday in the vegetables tempura. I had liked that, but the fiance didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment