Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Nice Fall Wednesday

Hola!

It's that spunky little Mexican back for another try at this blogging thing. Why? Well, I've decided perhaps blogging will keep me accountable. I managed to loose weight and did well with eating. Really well. Then, guess what? Somehow the ball was set in motion in the wedding planning department and then I just stopped all my healthy habits! I have no idea why. So, I must not MUST NOT loose focus here. After all, The countdown is on! Yesterday marked the 5 month mark until I am made Mrs. Cruz! Oooo, that sounds kind of crazy. LOL

So today is day #1 of trying to keep myself accountable.

Breakfast

So, I have sort of jumped on this green monster movement from Oh She Glows. I have found it is a super easy way to get some green in my life without even trying! I have said this a lot but I don't even notice the spinach in it! So, here was my breakfast:






My green monster includes:

1 T flax seeds
2-3 cups of spinach (I don't measure just kind of eye it)
1 scooop Nature's Path Green Whey
1 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze
1 small frozen banana

Mix in the blender in the above order and let the blender do its thing! Yum-o!

Lunch

I have a confession. I'm a bad blogger. I forgot to take a picture because I was so hungry! I decided to run out to Vitamin Shoppe and HEB and was famished by the time I got back from my endeavors. Bad me.

I had a  leftover subway sandwich from last night. My family has declared Tuesdays as Subway night. Haha I like to watch Biggest Lose and it is just easier that way so who am I to complain? So I got a foot long with intentions of having half last night and the other half today. Luckily, no one cared for it so it was still there this morning. hehe

My sandwich included 9 grain oat wheat bread, roasted chicken, cheese (ya, I know that ups the cals but who can resist gooey cheese?), tons of veggies: lettuce, tomato, black olives, banana peppers, green peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, onions. I think that was it. I decided to give the onions a whirl. I ate them last night but I took them off today. It was a little too much for me. No mayo, no mustard.

Then, while at HEB...you know how they tell you NOT to go to the grocery store hungry? They say that with good reason. I bought a loaf of banana nut bread. I may or may not have had two slices of it. At least whole wheat is the first ingredient. =)

Can I also say that I have become a tea-aholic. Seriously.

Here is what was left of my stash:



So, I panicked and bought more:



I'm pretty excited to try the Yerba Mate. I had a bottle of it the other day and it was not bad. So I figured these bags would be cool to try. The others - well, I am addicted to green tea and any kind of chamomile warms my heart. End of story.

Also, on my outing to Vitamin Shoppe I picked up some Amazing Grass Superfood for my green monsters aka pixie punch:



Woohoo!! Very Excited to try that!

Dinner

Dinner was out again. We had to have a very serious talk with one of the boys so it delayed out workout. Therefore, instead of going to the gym we took the dogs for a walk. Cristal (my buddy) was pretty good for me. However, for me the first 10 minutes or so tend to be a little stressful so I was holding on too tight. Talk about tension to my workout! LOL So, after the walk we drove down to Chick-fil-a where we got a salad and then the fiance talked me into sharing some chicken nuggets and waffle fries with him. Evil husband-to-be. Forgot the pics again! I'll be better tomorrow!!

On a different note

Lastly, since I've stumbled across Oh She Glows, I've read a lot of Ange's past entries and a lot about "glow" in particular. So I thought I'd try something new today and put on my makeup sans eyeliner. You know, I do think sometimes eyeliner came bring out your eyes but if you use it all the time then it kind of washes them out. So here is me without eyliner, with a tad bit of powder, lipgloss and mascara. Have a good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment